Heywood Sports & Racquet Club
Contact Information30 Walcot Road Diss, Norfolk, United Kingdom IP22 4DB
phone: view phone01379643088
website: view website
Hours of work
Monday - Friday 7am - 11pm
Saturday 9am - 6pm
Sunday 9am - 4pm
- 👏 Hello Team Heywood!!! Have you heard the Mega exciting News??? As of Monday 6th July we have THREE Amazing new classes for your bodies to get into! Please check out the leaflet - for more info and to book your place, please contact Philipa directly! Classes are £5 for members and non members👏
- Thoroughly enjoyed the 26 mile Hack this morning. Nigel France you did a great job organising and keeping the group together. Nick, thank you for your help with my puncture. I think everyone enjoyed it and the pace was very comfortable. Welcome to Tess a Neighbour of Nicks.
- Hello Hackers and friends. Weather could have been a lot worse. Fingers crossed for a good turn out. Melanie Bartrum. Rowena expects to be Hangin as well.
- Hackers and friends. Weather improving, overcast, NO RAIN See you Sunday
- Right. First the good news. 1) After a couple of preliminary rides last year and one earlier this year. The Heywood Hackers (cycling) are having their first well publicised ride. This Sunday 14th June. Attendance is expected to be 20-25 riders. All are welcome, come along, bring a mate. 2) DO NOT worry about speed or distance. The Hackers cycle socially and to be out in the fresh air and hopefully good weather. This Sunday is purely a gentle tester/starter ride. 3) Lycra is tolerated not essential unless you are Lee Harris who wouldn't ride a Rocking Horse unless covered from head to toe in Lycra. 4) No need to worry about wind. Pat Haydon is riding. Cycling behind Pat is like cycling in a vacuum. If there is a queue behind Pat, Nick Marshall is a good second choice. 5) The Hackers have their own mechanic on hand. Nick Harvey will bring a selection of tools and the requisite amount of technical knowledge. The not so good news. The weather this week was meant to be excellent. It has been and will continue so until.........Sunday. Notwithstanding the possibly inclement weather. The Ride is on. All those who said they are riding are expected. Absentees will be named and shamed. A success this Sunday will be a good starter for the Summer. START. 09.00 for 09.15 and back in the Heywood by 11.15ish
- If anybody is looking to tidy up their gardens by trimming hedges or trimming/ cutting down trees, then please view the following well recommended link. https://www.facebook.com/awalinetrees
- Tennis Club night this evening from 18.00-20.00! All welcome, should be a lovely evening for it!! Who's in?